October 3, 2009

Adventures in Etsy Land

I’ve been selling my items on Etsy for almost 2 months now and have had 4 sales in the last week. Recently I’ve been cruising the chat rooms on Etsy and have found a really cool game they play called 5 min FS. (5 minute Featured seller) It’s really fun to be in those chat rooms since there’s only one person promoting their products at a time. So the rules are you become the next featured seller if you are the first person to buy from the current featured seller. It’s a great way to show off your products to a bunch of people at the same time. Even if you don’t get a sale you will have people marking your store as a favorite to buy from you later.

I bought some beads today so I could be a FS. It went pretty great. I didn’t get a sale but lots of the other sellers loved my items. It’s great to get feedback from other jewelry makers. There are so many of them on Etsy that it can be hard to get noticed. I like to browse the other sellers stores to see what they make and get to see many unique products from handmade soaps and beauty products to wooden toys. And many glass products like blown glass ornaments, beads, bowls, stained glass decorations, and jewelry. Soooo much to choose from and not enough money to buy it all!

Check out Etsy!!!!! Support our local crafters and our local economies!!!! http://www.etsy.com/

0 comments: